Wednesday, November 16, 2005

November 16, 2005

It’s Wednesday … Friday we leave. His Holiness has turned into a wild man, I think he’s picking up on all the unusual energy in the house and the only way he can process it is to turn the dishwasher on over and over, pull the computer of it’s stand, toss toys on the floor, toss his food and beverages on the floor and generally run amuck.

I feel like I’ve been pumped full of Styrofoam peanuts. I’m sneeze constantly from some unknown irritant and the Benedryl I’m taking makes me feel bloated and sleepy. Nice …

Yesterday I was in Manhattan wrapping up my affairs, although it wasn’t quite as tidy as I had hoped. There are loose ends slapping and flapping behind me and they are going to probably remain unresolved for now. I am eager to just be in Germany – start living this new life and finally exit this Twilight Zone tunnel of transition …

6 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

It's amazing how kids pick up on our moods even if they aren't explicit. You need to leave your flapping and slapping trails behind you, so everyone wishes you had stayed behind (it's always nice to feel missed) while you settle yourself into your new German neighbourhood with freshness and new beginnings. Cut the sails, my man.

1:45 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Can you delegate and let others take care of some of the loose ends for you?

Can't wait to hear how His Holiness does on the plane. I'm sure he'll settle down nicely once you get there and he sees all his familiar belongings again.

2:28 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

the in-between stage of uprooting is worse than the process itself....good luck!

i'm sure u know this already, but there is NO COUNTRY, no, not even america, that does xmas as beautifully as germany....

4:33 PM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Cathy ... I can't tell you how much I want to follow that advice but how impossible it is for me to do it.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Your wish is your hearts' command, and I wish you peacefulness of heart in this time of huge change.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hope you managed to get a driver's license from an 'approved' state so you don't have to take the tests!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home