Friday, November 11, 2005

November 11

The time remaining to sort and pack is dwindling, while the “to do” list is getting longer, anxiety is increasing, pimples are erupting, tempers flash and sleep is a distant memory. One week before lift off and you could cut the tension in this cabin with a knife … I’m not too impressed with myself. I thought I was cooler than this, better organized than the average bear but I’m not and if I was honest about it, which I am about to be, I would have to admit that I’ve not given this move my full commitment, my full energy. I’ve let my wife carry most of the load while I dealt with the care and feeding of His Holiness … I’ve taken a secondary role and waited for instructions, not something I am accustomed to doing, but a role I’ve fallen into quite easily during the last few months. I’m not feeling very happy with myself this morning – and that is a massive understatement – but will have to suffice here in these very public pages.

3 Comments:

Blogger daria l'orange said...

you seem to have an amazing woman!

a move is always stress; maybe you've forgotten how much since the last time...
now, moving to a different country (even if one of you originates from there), I can imagine, is even worse.
in just a few days you'll have it behind you. good luck!

12:16 PM  
Blogger mama jens said...

that airplane ride is gonna feel good. best of luck for these last couple of days.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I know just how you feel; I am the take charge type and feel out of my skin when I leave things up to others; but it sounds like you've got yourself a very capable mate so don't be too hard on yourself; maybe you just need this time to be introspective. And taking care of his holiness is a huge responsibility, I'm sure!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home