Tuesday, October 11, 2005

October 11, 2005

I haven’t been writing much lately, the odd letter to the editor but nothing here or in my diary, no travel pieces, and no visits with pen in hand to the places I normally frequent. Maybe the impending move has temporarily frozen me. I do feel a bit like I’m incased in wax – not a part of the New York scene anymore and not having a clue what life will be like in Cologne. Although I have a pretty good idea I won’t be strolling down the street seeing beautiful people everywhere or window-shopping or without thinking about it just stop in for a good cup of coffee in some small café. I know Cologne is not Manhattan, it never will be the same nor should it and I will never be the same, nor should I be, but I am apprehensive about the move, coming from this place I know to a city I have visited but really know nothing about, where people speak a language I don’t yet understand and where they eat food too bold for daily consumption…

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

I visited Cologne once and found it quite delightful - for a weekend, at least.

I'm sure your feelings of apprehension will be eased a bit once you actually get there and get settled in.

Don't forget that there are a lot of experienced expats out there to help you on your way.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home